Chicken Manchow Soup:
Water – 3 cups or 750 ml
Chicken breast – 1 piece
Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp or 15 grams
Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp or 15 grams
Chopped Spring Onions (white part) – 3/4th cup or 255 grams
Chopped Spring Onions (green part) – 1/2th cup or 64 grams
Chopped Carrot – 1 cup or 340 grams
Oil – 2 tbsp or 30 grams
Chopped Green Chili – 1 (chopped)
Chopped Cabbage -1/2 cup or 64 grams
Green beans – finely chopped, ½ cup or 64 grams
Chopped Bell pepper – 100 grams
Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Crushed Black pepper – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp or according to taste
Red chili sauce – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar – 1- ½ teaspoon
Egg Wash – 1
Corn flour – 3 tbsp or 40 grams
Chopped Coriander – 20 grams
Fried noodles (as per your choice) for topping
- Take pan heat oil and add green chili, bell pepper, white spring onions, red chili sauce and chicken stock. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and keep aside.
- Now take a soup pot, add water, chicken, ginger, garlic, carrot, green beans (peas) and cabbage along with salt and 3 cups water. Bring this to boil and then reduce the flame to a simmer.
- When the chicken is cooked, shred it into small pieces with the help of fork. Then again mix the shredded chicken in the soup pot.
- Add 1 egg wash gradually with the help of a strainer and mix well.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, corn flour and more 1/2 cup water till lumps are completely dissolved. Add this to the pot and keep stirring till the soup thickens up. Mix in the green part of spring onions, remain some amount of it aside. Once the soup thickens, let it simmer for two minutes and switch off the flame.
- Garnish individual servings with fried noodles, some coriander and also few green parts of spring onions.
- Serve hot in a stylish soup bowl. Enjoy the winter!